Do you like problem solving and working with your hands? At school, did you excel in technical subjects like physical sciences, advanced math and computers? Would you like to join a high performing team that supports some of the most technologically advanced equipment in the world? Would you like to join a customer-focused company with unlimited potential to grow your skills?
John Deere Construction & Forestry equipment Dealers across the U.S. and Canada are looking for motivated, talented people to become skilled equipment technicians.
What does a technician do?
As a Heavy-Duty Equipment technician, your duties may include the following:
• Inspecting heavy construction equipment for proper performance, and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
• Diagnosing faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required
• Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems using hand and power tools
• Testing repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications
• Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
• Service attachments and working tools such as blades, winches and side booms
Becoming a technician can also lead to a variety of other potential positions within a dealership: field technician, product support sales, machine monitoring specialist, service management, parts management, new machine and rental machines sales, and even branch manager.
The skills you develop as a technician can lead you on a long career journey in the construction and forestry equipment industry.